Copyright © Some People Say
Design by Dzignine
Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Baby Mitten

The first pair of baby mitten - specially for my little beanie. I knitted this mitten with really fine cotton yarn. It took me 8 hours of a day to get it completed. It's all worth it though he/she may not be wearing it for long. I started off my baby project with this baby mitten. Then, followed up with baby jacket. I might do booties or beanie next. 




These are the materials I used: 
Fine cotton yarn (green) : 1 50g skein
Size 13 circular knitting needles 
Modification: I doubled all the stitches  




Due to the fact that the yarn is really fine and hence, it took really quite some time to knit until here.. 



The second mitten is done more delicately as the first one was meant as trial. I didn't expect it to turn out so well from first try. 

Important modification done: 
Though I used circular needles, it's made from metal. Hence I find it quite difficult to knit in the round. So, I knitted a big piece.. and then reduce the stitches at the beginning, middle and end. I also didn't knit a row after decreasing the stitches. When I was sewing the loosing yarn at the end, I simply weaved it to cover up any visible holes. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment